Welcome to our log home building forum.
A little about the log home building forum.
I have been building log homes and log structures for clients for decades now and have come across many questions, had many great discussions about log homes, and been challenged by the many things we come across as builders, an owners, or a potential buyer of a log home. I hope my experience helps those using this forum. In this forum we are open to any questions at all pertaining to log homes, so enjoy! Sincerely, Dave. Owner of Angels Log Homes.
We will answer questions and start discussions on log building topics like:
- Can I stain over-top of my existing stains?
- I can’t sit by my window in the winter because it’s too cold. Why is that and how do I fix it?
- I have two front entrance posts that are lifting my porch roof up. Why is that and how do I fix this?
- I have ants climbing up the logs. How do I get rid of them?
- I can see daylight between the logs. Why ?
- Do you recommend asphalt shingles on the roof or sheet metal?
- My log stairs are no longer flat. The face of the treads has a large upward curve to them. Why did that happen and how do I fix it?
- All my windows on one side of the how have cracked and broken and I cannot open the door beside them. Why?
- How do cure or stop logs from rotting?
- My fireplace is very cold in the winter when we don’t use it. Why is that?
- How do you fasten the logs to the concrete foundation?